[Cs_announce] Microsoft "Dev Tools for Teaching"

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Wed Feb 13 12:18:32 PST 2019

Microsoft has renamed their MSDNAA program yet again, and this time
they've completely revamped how it works.  It has been changed from
"Imagine" to "Dev Tools for Teaching", but they tell us that the software
available is the same.  You will be going through a Microsoft website now
instead of Kivuto.

You no longer need to request an account from me.  Simply go to the URL
https://aka.ms/devtoolsforteaching and either log in with your existing
Microsoft account or follow their prompts to create a new account.  Once
you have logged on with your Microsoft account, select "Your info" from
the top ribbon menu.  Click "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" (you'll
have to verify your identity with a code they will send you) and click on
"Add email" to your account and add your odin email address.  The format
they are looking for is username at cs.csubak.edu -- once that's been added
in, you can use your odin address to access the "Dev Tools for Teaching."

At least that's how it's supposed to work.

The VMware accounts work just as they always have.  You need to contact me
to add you to the Kivuto site.

--
Steve Garcia
Operating Systems Analyst
steve at cs.csubak.edu
www.cs.csubak.edu/~steve
Ignorance killed the cat.  Curiosity was framed.