[Cs_announce] Fwd: Computer Music course, spring 2022 (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Nov 1 11:22:29 PDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kyle Shaw <kshaw6 at csub.edu>
Date: Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 8:19 AM
Subject: Computer Music course, spring 2022
To: Saeed Jafarzadeh <sjafarzadeh at csub.edu>

Good morning Saeed,

?

My name is Kyle Shaw, I teach music theory and composition over on the other side of campus. During the spring 2022
semester, I will be piloting a course in computer music (see description below). Because the course will require the
learning and application of an object oriented programming dialect, I thought that computer science students might find
this course and interesting way to bolster and see a unique application of their programming skills. Would you mind
forwarding the information below to your CS students? I would love to have some computer scientists in the class next
semester.

?

?Music 2770: Special Topics in Music

?

Introduction to Audio Coding with SuperCollider

?

Intermediate study of electroacoustic music composition using SuperCollider, an object oriented language and programming
environment. Topics include real-time synthesis, filtering, OSC and MIDI protocols, delay/reverberation, buffer
sampling, sound design, and signal processing. Students complete creative projects in addition to weekly coding
assignments.

?

Pre-requisite: MUS 1110, or CMPS 2000, or instructor approval.?

?

Best,

?

--?

Dr. Kyle Shaw

Assistant Professor of Music Composition and Theory

Department of Music and Theatre

California State University, Bakersfield

(661) 654-2168