The Kegley Institute of Ethics (KIE) invites applications for KIE Student Fellowships. This program is designed to support current CSUB undergraduate and graduate students in developing and implementing an ethics-related project for the CSUB campus and community. Applicants can propose a new project or describe ideas for enhancing existing KIE programming. KIE Student Fellows will learn about the operations of the KIE, gain experience organizing projects/events, and develop deeper understanding of contemporary ethical issues. Each KIE Student Fellow will receive $1500. More information about the KIE and its programming can be found on our website.
KIE is particularly interested in supporting student fellowship projects that engage with CSUB student populations and that have clearly-defined ethical relevance. Project ideas include (but are not limited to):
- Ethics-focused communications/social media outreach
- Ethics or social justice-themed podcasts or videos
- Campus and/or community service projects
- Peer mentoring programs
- Peer education programs relating to sustainability, equity, and/or inclusion
- Organizing engaging speaker events, conferences, workshops, and/or leadership development projects for CSUB students
Those interested in applying should read through the “Program Details” tab and then click the “Apply Here” tab to submit their applications. Please direct any questions you have about the program to Dr. Michael Burroughs (firstname.lastname@example.org; 661-654-3578), KIE Director, or Dr. Nate Olson (email@example.com; 661-654-2314), KIE Associate Director.
- Must be currently enrolled at CSUB as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must have a 3.0 (or higher) cumulative GPA
- Will work under the supervision of the KIE directors and staff, but must also be able to work independently.
KIE Student Fellowships provide funding and mentoring support for CSUB students to develop and implement an ethics-related project for the CSUB campus and community. Student Fellows receive a $1500 stipend as part of their fellowships.
Please see the “Apply Here” tab for application and submission details.
- May 3, 2021: Deadline for submitting proposals to KIE — See “Apply Here” tab for instructions!
- June 3, 2021: Applicants will be notified of fellowship decisions.
Please submit your application using the form on this page. If you have any questions about the application process please email Dr. Michael Burroughs (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Nate Olson (email@example.com).
CSUB students who wish to apply for a KIE Student Fellowship should submit the following materials:
- A current resume/CV
- A statement of interest (1-2 pages, single spaced) that describes why you would like to be a KIE student fellow, your qualifications for the fellowship, your interest in ethics, and a potential project for your fellowship.
- A letter of recommendation from a CSUB faculty or staff member.