Time: 5pm - 8pm
The CSUB Department of Teacher Education’s Kern Rural Teacher Residency Program will lead a free day of professional learning. All Kern County educators and those interested in becoming educators are welcome to attend. The professional development day will focus on transformational literacy. There will be keynote speakers and breakout sessions throughout the event provided by educators from Panama-Buena Vista School District, Bakersfield City School District, Greenfield Union School District and CSU Bakersfield.
8am Coffee/Registration in the Student Union MPR. Breakout Sessions offered at 9:15am and 10:35am.
- Social-Emotional and Ethical Literacy: Research and Strategies, presented by Dr. Michael Burroughs (Kegley Institute of Ethics, CSUB).
- Gettin’ Techie with ELA, presented by Sarah Camp (Panama-Buena Vista Union School District).
- Literacy in a Flat World, presented by Rayshell Fambrough (Bakersfield City School District).
- Transformation Through the Three Tiers, presented by David Rock (Bakersfield City School District).
- Transformation Through the Three Tiers, presented by Hana Suleiman (Greenfield Union School District).
Dr. Michael Burroughs and Rayshell Fambrough
These are some notes!
From Parking Lots B or C, walk to the student union and we'll be there!